Why There Are More Single Older Women Than Men in Senior Dating
Statistics show that there are many more single older women than men in the senior dating department. Further analysis indicates that the competition amongst single senior women is increasingly stiff.
- Women live longer than men on average. A lot of women are widowed in their 50s. This is especially true when the majority of women prefer marrying men who are older than them. In her book Money A Love Story, American author Kate Northrup points out that a large number of women are widowed in their 50s and they have to learn how to manage personal finances for the first time in their lives, as their husbands were managing their money previously. Obviously, this situation makes single older women responsible for their lives in every way. That also explains why there are many more single older women than men in senior dating.
- Men can easily remarry after getting a divorce. Usually, when a couple get divorced in their late 40s or early 50s, the guy will remarry first and his new wife will only be younger and hotter, as long as he is an established man who looks reasonably attractive. In contrast, the woman will not remarry within a few years unless she looks like Marcia Cross or Ginie Sayles. That means the woman often spends a long time exploring the senior dating world while being single.
- Necessity is the mother of invention. Research suggests that men need marriage more than women do, although the mainstream culture tells women to get married and secure the ring. From a biological and psychological point of view, men actually need marriage more than women do and it's a fact: Unlike women, men's libido is usually much higher & women definitely have more survival skills than men in modern-day society where tigers aren’t destroying our households. Also, single women generally connect with friends and family members better than single men do. Therefore, it's less necessary for single older women to get married - they can find emotional connection elsewhere; they don't have to find emotional connection in a marriage. No wonder dating for senior singles is characterized by more women than men these days.
- The man-drought is real in many countries. According to the news in Europe and Australia, the man-drought is real: there are many more women than men in a lot of western countries and some Eastern European countries, so of course, there are definitely more single older women than men in senior dating nowadays. Evolution indicates that female babies are more likely to survive than male babies, for humans need more females than males in order to survive and reproduce in the long term. As to the situation in Australia, it is said that many Australian men have moved to North America for career opportunities, as Australia has limited resources with a small market (the population in Australia is too small). Small wonder there are many more single women than men in senior dating in this day and age.
- Single older women are more likely to join senior dating websites, compared to single older men. Another reason why there seems to be many more single older women than men is single women are more likely to join senior dating sites, whereas a lot of single older men are still not sure whether they should try online dating or not. Further examination reveals that women tend to be more open-minded and can take certain risks, whilst many single older men are established and relatively well-known in their local areas, so they don't want to post their dating profiles on senior dating sites - they don't want anyone they know to discover their dating profiles online. As a result, we always feel that there are many more single older women than single older men nowadays.
In conclusion, there are more single older women than single older men because statistically, there are more women than men in general & women are more willing to join senior dating websites.